When employees start their daily duties they expect a safe and healthy environment. In some
workplaces this is easier to achieve while in others it would take an extra effort on the
employer's part. In recent years Workplace Health and Safety became a point of focus for various
levels of government.
For example, Canadian Government's Labour Code Part II specifies the following as employer
The Code requires employers to ensure that the design, installation, operation,
of the following meet the prescribed standards set out in the Canada Occupational Health and
- buildings and structures (permanent or temporary), guards, guard rails, barricades and fences;
- protective devices, machinery, equipment, tools, vehicles, and mobile equipment;
- boilers, pressure vessels, escalators, elevators, electrical generation equipment, electrical distribution systems;
- heat generating equipment and heating, ventilating and air conditioning systems.
One of the further responsibilities of an employer is:
ensuring that the work place committee or
health and safety representative conducts monthly inspections of all or part of the workplace so
that the entire workplace is inspected at least once each year;
SageData Solutions is able to help with an efficient way of conducting monthly inspections by providing field-proven reliable tools. We have been doing it for over 20 years successfully - covering office, construction, manufacturing and other environments.
There are a number of challenges related to equipment inspection. Let's look into some of them:
done / remain to inspectunits.
That is what we can do. (and we know of a situation where the wrong extinguisher was regularly inspected and passed, and a lawsuit that followed the fire and inhalation injuries...)
SageData Solutions has been in the equipment inspection and asset management business for a long time. We are a true leader in this field - supplying, installing and maintaining easy to use reliable systems. Our solution is based on a combination of mobile data collectors, barcode and RFID technologies and, most importantly, our flagship software solution - BassetPro. SageData have invested a lot of thought and efforts in designing our system.
All of the
wish list features mentioned above are supported:
- link equipment to its physical location
- keep track of inspected vs. not yet inspected equipment
- remind about required inspection
- provide directions to the equipment
- capture and store photos taken during inspection
- provide detailed history and current status reports
- store inspection data indefinitely (when hosted in our data center)
- monitor inspection progress in real time remotely using system reports
The system reports provide a reliable foundation for the Occupational Health and Safety activity, including mandatory reporting and any potential investigation if the need arises. Using our system is an easy and cost effective way to prove compliance (to third parties) with the inspection requirements of the Labour Code and prove compliance.
SageData is based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
We design, supply and support systems built around RFID, Barcodes and Handheld computers.
For further information, or for advice and assistance with your application, contact Doreen Garvin or Trinity Joseph.
Click here to reach SageData by email.
To reach us by phone:
from outside Ottawa, dial 1-888-838-1067
from Ottawa, dial 613-225-4404